How to promote a new website
Having spent time and money on your new website, it’s now time to show it off and promote the site to get people to visit it and more importantly, buy from it.
Here are a few tips on how to promote to your new website:
- Tell your stakeholders – Customers will always appreciate being the first to know when you make any business announcements. In addition, tell your staff, shareholders, distributors and all other business partners.
- Press announcements – A new website makes good industry news in trade press and all PR is very beneficial. Issue a press release and send images of the new site to showcase the new design, the functionality and special features. Explain what has changed and how visitors will benefit. Include a promotional code if you are selling online, offer a discount on next orders or an incentive to 'tell a friend'.
- Social media – If you haven’t done so already, get to know social media. Engage with like-minded industry professionals and they will share your news with their own followers and networks. Always use web page links on posts and be sure to share follower news too so that they share yours!
- Directory listings – There are thousands of online directories that already have high search engine positioning so getting listed on their directories will help your website to be found. The more traffic you have going to your site, the quicker you will achieve organic search engine rankings.
- Digital marketing – Create a series of banner adverts for placement on target audience websites and third party e-shots. Re-targeting and re-marketing will also help to keep your brand in front of those that have already visited by placing cookies on their computers.
- Email announcements – A new website deserves a big email splash. We recommend writing, designing and launching email announcements that replicate the same design as your website.
- Email signatures – Design a banner to add to your company email signatures, so that everyone you exchange messages with will be immediately informed about your new website.
- Content marketing – Quality, search engine friendly content is essential for a successful website. Try to keep web pages fresh and up-to-date, whilst also feeding regular content to blogs and news pages that people will enjoy reading. Create content that can be downloaded and be sure to link them to multiple pages. You can then share new content via social media and other platforms to drive additional traffic and raise brand awareness.
- Know your audience – Knowing who it is you want to tell and what it is you want to tell them about, will help to shape your marketing communications and the channels that you choose.
- Data reporting – Set up Google Analytics to see detailed reports on your website traffic. It will help you to pinpoint popular pages and where your traffic is coming from. This also helps you to identifying areas that need adjusting to work better.There’s lots more that can be done to promote your website but remember, you won’t rank #1 on search engines overnight – it takes time, effort and perseverance. It’s more important to keep the momentum going and over time you will see results that were well worth the wait.
We are always here to help - just drop us a line or call 01462 432303.