To hire or not to hire a marketer? That is the question.
Businesses both with and without in-house marketing personnel work with external marketing companies for a whole number of reasons – from freeing up internal resource through to filling a void of a particular skill set.
The truth is, working with an external marketing company can be a huge cost saver. Anyone that works in this industry will know that marketing is a broad field with many specialist skills required to serve different functions – copywriting, website design, strategy planning, product marketing, SEO, event management, advertising, mail order, media relations are just a few examples. However, it's very rare to find a single
Look at it this way. An experienced marketing professional can cost a business anywhere between £30,000 and £60,000 a year plus associated costs. That single marketer will have a range of skills and knowledge that the business will no doubt benefit from, but those skills will be limited to particular marketing skillsets as outlined above. The business will then need to source and invest in additional marketing resources in order to deliver certain marketing strategies.
The point we're making is that
If you've been debating about whether to recruit an in-house marketing professional or to partner with an external marketing company, we've listed a handful of reasons why some of our customers have partnered with us over the years:
- To gain an entire team as opposed to individuals
- To benefit from expert industry knowledge for technical products and services
- To benefit from strategic planning
- To benefit from reliable, consistent marketing
- To save on costs and reduce the need to hire
- To free up internal resources and speed up output
- To provide greater flexibility
- To bring fresh eyes to the business and how it markets its products
- To manage projects from concept to completion and reporting
- To deliver fresh, engaging creative thinking
- To simplify processes
If you think your business could benefit from any of the above, please get in touch for a free consultation.