You’ve already spent a great deal of time, effort and money on planning, designing and writing your website, so now you can breathe a sigh of relief that it’s ready to go live and fulfil its purpose! But to make it a success it will need promoting and nurturing.
Here are a few recommendations on how to promote your new website effectively:
- Tell your stakeholders – Customers will always appreciate being the first to know when you make any business announcements. In addition, tell your staff, shareholders, distributors and all other business partners.
- Press announcements – A new website makes good industry news and PR is very beneficial. Issue a press release and send images of the new site to showcase the new design. Explain what has changed and how any new functionality will help visitors to find what they are looking for.
- Social media – If you haven't already, get to know social media, engage with like-minded industry professionals and tell the world about your new website. Use page links to help to drive website traffic and engage with followers.
- Directory listings – There are thousands of online directories that already have high search engine positioning so getting listed on their directories will help your site to be get found. The more traffic you have going to your site, the quicker you will achieve organic search engine rankings.
- Digital marketing – Create a series of banner adverts for placement on target audience websites and third party emails. Re-targeting and re-marketing will also help to keep your brand in front of those that have already visited by placing cookies on their computers.
- Email announcements - A new website deserves a big email splash. We recommend writing, designing and launching email announcements that replicate the same design as your website.
- Email signatures – Design new banners to be included in your email signatures, so that everyone you exchange messages with will be immediately informed about your new website.
- Content publishing – Quality, search engine friendly content is essential for a successful website. Try to keep web pages fresh and up-to-date, whilst also feeding regular content to blogs and news pages that people will enjoy reading. Create content that can be downloaded and be sure to link them to multiple pages. You can then any new content via social media and other platforms to drive additional traffic and raise brand awareness.
- Know your audience - Knowing who it is you want to tell and what it is you want to tell them about your new website will help to shape your communications and the channels that you choose.
- Data reporting – Setting your website up with Google Analytics and reporting on the data will allow you to pinpoint areas of strength and also weakness, thereby identifying areas that need a little bit more concentration.
There’s lots we can do to help promote your new website, but remember, you won’t rank #1 on search engines overnight – it takes time, effort and perseverance. It's important to keep that momentum going and over time, you will witness results that were well worth the wait.
If you’d like us to help promote your new website and increase your online visitors, contact us today!